Each person approved for Medicaid benefits gets a Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card. However, having
a card does not necessarily mean the patient has current Medicaid coverage. You must still verify
eligibility. There are several ways to do this:
• Swipe the patient’s Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card through a standard magnetic card reader,
if your office uses that technology.
• Search for the patient using www.YourTexasBenefitsCard.com, a secure website with a variety
of useful features for Medicaid providers.
• Use TexMedConnect on the TMHP website at www.tmhp.com.
• Call the Your Texas Benefits provider helpline at 1-855-827-3747.
• Call Provider Services at the client’s medical or dental plan.
Important: Do not send patients who forgot or lost their cards to an HHSC benefits office for a paper
form. They can get a new card mailed to them by calling 1-855-827-3748. Medicaid members also can go
online to order new cards or print temporary cards. For instructions, visit www.YourTexasBenefits.com
and click Learn more about the Your Texas Benefits Medicaid card.