Last week we discussed why I comment on blogs. Today we will discuss reasons why people don’t comment on blogs.
- Words. They feel they have no words to share. Largely because their voice has never mattered. They don’t feel it will now either.
- Impression. They are more concerned about what impression people will have about them. This means more to them then sharing their thoughts.
- Interest. They are not interested in making a difference. They are not interested in making an impact.
- Fear. They are afraid of what people will think of them. They fear what they will say will be understood. They fear what they will say might offend. They fear what they think will not matter. They fear having what they write be out there for everyone to see. They fear
- Meaning. They don’t have meaning in their comment. They don’t take time to make it meaningful.
What did I just spell out here with the first letter of each word listed in those 5 points?
WIIFM = What’s In It For Me
If you haven’t heard of this before, you might not be used to WIIFM. What’s in it for me. That is the typical way people look at any situation. Their focus is not WIIFO.
WIFFO = What’s In It For Others
They are concerned about how the comment on the post will benefit them not others. If this holds you back, may I encourage you to change from WIIFM to WIIFO!